Thursday, May 22, 2008

Conrad is 8!

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe my firstborn is 8. I am extremely proud of that kid. He switched schools this year without a hitch and is thriving at Brown. He made it into the gifted program at school and his math and reading skills have flourished. He is an excellent pianist. He has a strong faith. He is sweet, kind, loving, and every other nice adjective I can think of. Best of all he is mine!

Since it was a school day, we made cupcakes the night before so Conrad could share them with his class. We were running late though so he had to frost them in the morning. When he woke up his present was waiting for him at the bottom of the steps. A new bike! His other one was getting small, and we decided a mountain bike would be great so he can ride around in the yard easily. For breakfast he requested French toast for which we kindly obliged.

After school Conrad had piano lessons so there wasn't much time for fun stuff. We met Gigi, Mr. Jason and Jen for dinner at Bob Evans. When I asked Conrad the day before where he wanted to go to dinner he quickly made up his mind. "Why would you choose Bob Evans?" I asked, given that I had offered Outback, Spaghetti Warehouse, and other favorites. He said it was because Bob Evans reminds him of Papaw. Awww....see I told you he is sweet.

After dinner we went back to our house for the required ice cream cake. I lucked out and found a Star Wars one at Dairy Queen so that was a big hit. After dinner he opened presents: a super cool Star Wars collector's pop up book and a Star Wars comic book with figures. Jackpot!




No comments: