Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Cotton ball houses


Last year for a science project Conrad was to make a house out of ordinary objects and see if it could withstand the big bad wolf (a hairdryer). We opted to glue a huge pile of cotton balls on a piece of cardboard, cover it with aluminum foil for stability, and then cut a piece of cardboard for the roof. There was a lot of duct tape involved as well. It passed the test with flying colors and didn't budge.

Conrad came home from school on Monday ready to make another cotton ball house. I'm not quite sure why, but he was persistent. I brought him all of the cotton balls in the house, a piece of cardboard, and some glue. He worked tirelessly until every cotton ball was positioned just so, trying to ignore Rylan's offers to help. So now we have two cotton ball houses. I may need to take a trip to Sam's Club and stock up before the next house raising project.

No comments: